Spinach and feta cheese top crisp slices of French bread in the festive-looking hors d'oeuvres sent in by Alina Abbott of Mesa, Arizona. "I've made these appetizers for parties, and everyone raves about them," she writes.
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 20 slices French baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring twice; drain and squeeze dry. Add the feta cheese, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt and dill weed; set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread each with about 1 tablespoonful spinach mixture. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Feta-Spinach Melts in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p19
Reviews forFeta-Spinach Melts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review