Feta Shrimp with Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the parsley, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups shrimp mixture with 1 cup cooked linguine: 404 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 10g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 4, 2015
Very easy, like a one dish meal. I used tomatoes with chilies and topped with fresh chopped parsley & feta and it was SO GOOD!!!!! I'll definately make this again!
Jun 2, 2012
This is an excellent recipe!! My family loved it and remarked it was like what a "high-end"restaurant would offer. I will definately make it again. Louise
Apr 10, 2012
We didn't care for this.
May 28, 2011
This recipe was good, but probably not something I'd make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.