Feta Shrimp with Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the parsley, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups shrimp mixture with 1 cup cooked linguine: 404 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 10g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 4, 2015
Very easy, like a one dish meal. I used tomatoes with chilies and topped with fresh chopped parsley & feta and it was SO GOOD!!!!! I'll definately make this again!
Jun 2, 2012
This is an excellent recipe!! My family loved it and remarked it was like what a "high-end"restaurant would offer. I will definately make it again. Louise
Apr 10, 2012
We didn't care for this.
May 28, 2011
This recipe was good, but probably not something I'd make again.