Feta Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced avocado, optional
- 1. In a bowl, mix Miracle Whip, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Add cabbage, onion and banana pepper; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Toss shrimp with taco seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve in tortillas; top with slaw, cheese and, if desired, avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
Health Tip: Using reduced-sodium taco seasoning instead of regular saves more than 80 mg sodium per serving. Save 125 mg more with salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend or your own salt-free blend.
2 tacos (calculated without avocado): 443 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Tacos
"My son loves these so much that he requested them for his birthday! I sometimes like to add a little honey to the taco seasoning to coat the shrimp."
"Love, love, love this recipe! Have mde several times and have substituted fish for the shrimp for variety. This one is a real winner!"
"Red slaw blend added a very unique flavor and texture combination. Am now making it to add to coldcuts sandwiches, adding a touch of horseradish sauce. Used low carb, high fiber tortillas for this recipe."