Feta Shrimp Skillet for Two
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wine if desired, oregano, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in shrimp and parsley. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is softened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 237 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 28, 2015
This was fabulous. We served it over rice and it was to die for! This is definitely a make again meal!
Mar 7, 2011
Very easy to prepare. I ate it like soup and it was very good.
Feb 8, 2011
Very tasty. Had a friend over for dinner Saturday and served this. We about licked our plates! Great with crusty bread for dipping.
Jan 29, 2011
This is a very tasty shirimp dish. I would be very good with crusty bread. I didn't have any bread, so I served it with a side of rice, which was delicious. Very fragrant, nice looking and easy dish to prepare. Will try it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.