- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFeta Shrimp Skillet
"Substituted red onion, because that's what I had on hand. Very good recipe!"
"Delicious and easy. What more is there to say!!?!"
"Great flavor served with angel hair"
"My husband I love this recipe. Since I don't care for feta, it's great that I can take a portion out for me before adding the cheese to the dish. There are definitely never any leftovers of this dish whenever I make it."
"Delicious! Used feta cheese with jalapenos. Added a little spice to the dish. Served it over rice."
"No adjustments. Delicious!"
"Superb, is the only word to describe this. Followed the recipe, with two changes; added hot pepper flakes, as we like the food on a spicy side & doubled the amount of oregano. Served it over pasta.Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us all."
"LOVE THIS RECIPE! I made it last night and I will most definitely make it again. I used what I had in my cupboards. I used stewed tomatoes, cooking white wine, Italian blend of herbs and minced garlic that comes in a jar. It was spectacular! Very simple to make and not time consuming at all. I sat on my screened in porch and it was like eating at a gourmet restaurant in Greece! LOL May there be many happy days ahead for you and your husband! Thank you so much for this recipe, Sonali! 5-STARS!"
"I didn't even make this 100% as directed (no real onion, no white wine) and it was still awesome! Served over rice to soak up any juices. Can't wait for lunch leftovers tomorrow!!"