Feta Salmon Salad Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over salmon.
- 2. Place salmon on oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss salad greens with cucumber, tomato and cheese; divide among four plates. Top with salmon; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 416 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Feta Salmon Salad
"DELCIOUS! as my husband put it - restaurant quality!"
"Looks delicious. I'm gonna have this for tonight dinner!"
"Added carrots, red onion and greek olives. Also made basil vinaigrette (TOH) - delicious!"
"Have made this a few times now, usually as a supper meal with pasta and a warm veg. Really enjoy the combination of feta and salmon."
"Wonderful! Next time we're going to try it in a wrap."
"My family loves salmon dishes, but will not make this when my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. This recipe is awesome though, and one we'll make many more times, just not when he's here."
"This is a wonderful concept. I added some capsicum (red/orange pepper) to the salad and made the spice mix up with what I had on hand. My father, who's birthday lunch this was prepared for, said it was better than a restaurant!"
"Unbelievable recipe. My husband said I could make this AT LEAST once a week. We added some greek olives too. FANTASTIC"