When the occasion calls for easy but elegant party starters, rely on ready-made phyllo tart shells. They’re easy to fill and always look elegant on a serving tray.—Daria Burcar, Rochester, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place tart shells on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, beat egg, feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice and flour until blended. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into each tart shell. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon mixture over each tartlet. Serve warm.
Originally published as Feta Custard in Phyllo cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.