Feta cheese, garlic and ripe olives, along with a hint of hot sauce, give a Greek salad-like flavor to this distinctive dip sent by Debbie Burton of Callander, Ontario. Besides pita chips, it's terrific with crackers, tortilla chips, pita bread, pretzels and carrot and celery sticks.
Recommended: 25 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes for Worry-Free Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Baked pita chips
- In a food processor or blender, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with pita chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Feta Olive Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p21