Feta-Cucumber Cheese Balls
I found an old recipe for cucumber balls that I converted to a whole cheese ball. The light and refreshing flavor has made it one of my favorites. I've made variations on it for three different holidays —the 4th of July version with tomato and basil was gone by the end of the day! —Shelly Bevington, Hermiston, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 24 toothpicks
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, feta cheese and salt until blended. Stir in cucumber. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture into balls. Roll in walnuts. Thread a folded basil leaf and cheese ball on each toothpick. Refrigerate until serving.
Originally published as Herbed Cucumber Cheeseball in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017