Feta Artichoke Bites
You can prepare the flavorful topping for this appetizer ahead of time. Then spread onto slices of bread and broil for a fast, festive snack.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 12 servings
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf sourdough baguette (about 20 inches long)
- Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade. Chop artichokes and place in a large bowl. Stir in the tomatoes, cheeses, onions and reserved marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut baguette into 1/2-in. slices. Spread with artichoke mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until edges of bread are browned. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 81 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Feta Artichoke Bites in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004