Feta 'n' Chive Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the feta cheese and chives.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 105 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Feta 'n' Chive Muffins
"These muffins are fabulous. I added about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Next time I will add more chives than recommended."
"Very light...excellent warm out of the oven!!!"