Festive Wreath Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./ batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups refrigerated Lightened-Up Holiday Cookie Dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Green food coloring, optional
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 tablespoons M&M's minis
- 2 tablespoons vanilla frosting
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine the dough and flour; mix until blended. Tint with food coloring if desired.
- Shape 1 teaspoon dough into a 4-in. rope. Repeat. Place two ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist. Shape into a circle pinching ends to seal. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush lightly with water; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Attach M&M's onto wreaths with frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 67 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2009
I would give this zero stars if I could. These cookies are full of grease. They are not the pretty light green pictured here because there is 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar in the dough and it is brown. Add the green food coloring and you get some icky olive green dough. I tried adding more flour to no avail. Your hands are solid grease after forming the wreaths and they melt on the cookie sheet and your hands are greasy when eating one. I think there is a greasy error somewhere. The only healthy part of this cookie was the dark chocolate M&M's I used. They don't taste bad, but I would not serve them due to the greasy mess on your hands. I am watching fat grams and I can't imagine what was lightened up. The nutrition info cannot be accurate. The dough might work for a crust in a high fat dessert, but not suitable for cookies. My first ever disaster with one of your recipes and have subscribed a long time.