Festive Veggie Pizza
This appetizer pizza's colorful toppings make it nearly irresistible, and the fabulous flavor brings people back for a second slice. —Carol Severson, Shelton, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll out crust into an 11-in. circle; prick several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, blue cheese if desired, mayonnaise, onion salt and garlic salt. Place crust on a large serving plate. Spread cream cheese mixture to within 1 in. of edge. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Top with tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, olives, radishes and, if desired, parsley. Cut into serving-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 147 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Festive Veggie Pizza in Crafting Traditions November/December 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.