The popularity of this dish starts with its appearance, according to Carol Severson of Shelton, Washington. "You can sprinkle the pizza with plenty of colorful toppings," she assures. "Guests will be attracted right away. Then, when they have a taste, one slice just won't be enough!"
Recommended: Crescent Ring Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll out pastry into an 11-in. circle; prick several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, blue cheese if desired, mayonnaise, onion salt and garlic salt. Place crust on a large serving plate. Spread cream cheese mixture to within 1 in. of edge.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Top with tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, olives, radishes and parsley if desired. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Festive Veggie Pizza in Country Woman November/December 1999, p28