Festive Tossed Salad
I STILL do a lot of cooking even though the numbers have changed. I owe my discovery of this salad to my sister-in-law, a Louisiana native and a fabulous cook. It's always a hit with everyone—pretty to serve, adaptable to any number and tasty, too. —Ruby Williams Bogalusa, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- 2 to 3 cups torn salad greens
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. In a salad bowl, toss the greens, celery, carrot, onions and oranges. Add dressing and toss to coat; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 243 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Festive Tossed Salad in Reminisce Extra December 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.