Festive Tossed Salad with Lemon Dressing
The light homemade dressing wonderfully coats a colorful combination of salad greens, vegetables, pickles and olives. This salad has something for everyone.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cubed peeled cucumber
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 sweet pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad; gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Festive Tossed Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.