Four ingredients are all you need for these delightful change-of-pace treats sent by Cincinnati, Ohio's Diana Debruyn. Just 1/2 cup dates contains more potassium than a medium banana.
Recommended: 35 Super Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 30 pitted dates
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and orange zest until blended.
- Carefully make a slit in the center of each date; fill with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Festive Stuffed Dates in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p28