VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 30 pitted dates
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and orange peel until blended.
- Carefully make a slit in the center of each date; fill with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Festive Stuffed Dates in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p28