Families will love this crisp, fresh-tasting and tangy slaw from our Test Kitchen. Packed with nutritious ingredients, it’s a pretty, sweet-and-sour summer side that’s perfect for picnics, potlucks or patio parties.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 5-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, carrot, peppers and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 76 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 13, 2010
This slaw is delicious. I was looking for a light and healthy side dish to go with burgers and this fit the bill. Next time I will try it with sesame oil and plain peanuts for an asian flare. But believe me, it needs no tweaking!