Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 5-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, carrot, peppers and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 76 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 13, 2010
This slaw is delicious. I was looking for a light and healthy side dish to go with burgers and this fit the bill. Next time I will try it with sesame oil and plain peanuts for an asian flare. But believe me, it needs no tweaking!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.