- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Chopped stuffed olives
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain well and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add mushrooms, sliced olives, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with flour. Add cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sausage. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, about 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon into pastry cups; sprinkle with cheese. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped olives. Serve hot. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forFestive Sausage Cups
"Its a great appetizer and not too difficult. The left-overs are good cold or warmed up for breakfast."