Festive Roast Pork
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- APRICOT SAUCE:
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons dry cooking sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large plastic bag or glass dish, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Add pork roast, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apricot sauce ingredients. Cook and stir until well mixed and heated through. Serve with roast.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2015
Oh my gosh, is this good!!! Easy and way tasty!
Jan 2, 2013
Fantastic--I cooked it in the Reynold's bag-350 degrees for 2h15m, and let it rest out of oven for 15m. This marinade is defineately a keeper!
Dec 20, 2011
THE best pork roast recipe ever! Everytime I make it, ppl go nuts over it and demand the recipe.
Jul 8, 2011
I have made this Pork Roast recipe many times. It is always delicious and very moist.
Dec 18, 2009
This was so easy to make. Forget about waiting for "festive" moments. This is absolutely divine. I'm going to make this again and again!
Feb 25, 2009
This recipe is THE best meat dish I have ever prepared. Everyone loves it and the glaze...WOW! You will not be sorry with this one!!