- 1/2 cup dry cooking sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- APRICOT SAUCE:
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons dry cooking sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large plastic bag or glass dish, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Add pork roast, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apricot sauce ingredients. Cook and stir until well mixed and heated through. Serve with roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forFestive Roast Pork
"Oh my gosh, is this good!!! easy and way tasty!"
"Fantastic--I cooked it in the Reynold's bag-350 degrees for 2h15m, and let it rest out of oven for 15m. This marinade is defineately a keeper!"
"THE best pork roast recipe ever! Everytime I make it, ppl go nuts over it and demand the recipe."
"I have made this pork Roast recipe many times. It is always delicious and very moist."
"This was so easy to make. Forget about waiting for "festive" moments. This is absolutely divine. I'm going to make this again and again!"
"This recipe is THE best meat dish I have ever prepared. Everyone loves it and the glaze...WOW! You will not be sorry with this one!!"