Festive Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine the rice, peas, red pepper, onions and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2015
This recipe was very easy to put together and I was surprised at how delicious it was.Both of my neighbors have asked for the recipe to make it for their upcoming parties.I wouldn't change anything about the recipe!
Dec 15, 2013
The family just raved over this dish.
Sep 21, 2013
I've made this salad several times and each time, I get raves. I just finished emailing the recipe to four different ladies who loved it at a pot luck last night. I followed the recipe exactly. This is a delicious recipe and perfect for a pot luck or dinner at home. I highly recommend this salad as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home.
Dec 29, 2012
This salad is always the first to go,, it beats the brocolli salad... I even have men ask me for the recipe,,, I also add sugar snap peas for extra crunch...Wonderful salad thanks so much~~~
Dec 13, 2010
Love this recipe,,, I also add chopped sugar snap peas,, substitute purple onion for the scallions.... Everyone wants the recipe,,, even the men...My salad is always the first to go...
Sep 1, 2008
I have made this several times in the past few weeks. Every I event I bring it to, the bowl is empty and I am asked for the recipe. I use brown rice, red wine vinegar and add other veggies, too. Thanks!