Festive Rack of Lamb
Rack of lamb isn't an entree you prepare everyday. So when you do, it needs to be outstanding. Our recipe specialists guarantee the citrus-garlic sauce served alongside roasted lamb will please your guests.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rack of lamb (1-1/2 pounds and 8 ribs), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat lamb in flour mixture. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb in butter for 2 minutes on each side. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 145°; medium-well, 150°), 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the wine, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary and bay leaf to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Remove lamb from oven and loosely cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve sauce with lamb.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 480 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 769mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.