Festive Pumpkin Dip
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped dried beef
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian or pumpernickel bread, optional
- Fresh vegetables, crackers or corn chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, taco seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beef, peppers and olives. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. If desired, just before serving, cut top off bread; scoop out bread from inside, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save the bread from inside to make croutons or bread crumbs or save for another use). Fill shell with cream cheese mixture. Serve with vegetables, crackers or corn chips.
2 tablespoons: 112 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 12, 2016
Making it again as I have been told over and over that everyone at Thanksgiving loved it! Has a great taste with the taco and pumpkin mix!
Dec 28, 2015
Have made this several times -- can't tell there's pumpkin in it
Nov 13, 2011
This has become a Thanksgiving must. Even those who don't like pumpkin look forward to this dish.
Dec 18, 2010
This is quick, easy, and everyone loves it at all the parties. They can't believe there is pumpkin in it!
Dec 18, 2010
This recipe is fabulous. Kids who don't eat or like pumpkin do not even know they are eating it! I have made it for several gatherings and always get rave reviews.