Festive Pea Salad
Colorful and dressed up enough for Christmas, here's an easy-to-make salad that is wonderful all year-round. The green peas and red onion make it especially festive looking.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup halved thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, onions and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mint, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour over pea mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 175 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Festive Pea Salad in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Aug 27, 2012
May 8, 2009
This is very good. I used light mayo and didn't add the mint - it seemed out of place. Next time I will chop the onions because even thinly sliced they're too strong. The bacon is a must.