Festive Pea Salad
Colorful and dressed up enough for Christmas, here's an easy-to-make salad that is wonderful all year-round. The green peas and red onion make it especially festive looking.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup halved thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, onions and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mint, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour over pea mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 175 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 27, 2012
May 8, 2009
This is very good. I used light mayo and didn't add the mint - it seemed out of place. Next time I will chop the onions because even thinly sliced they're too strong. The bacon is a must.