Festive Holiday Fruitcake Bark
Every year I make brandy-soaked dried fruit for fruitcake, but I always make too much. When I tried turning the extras into candy, the result was a sweet and colorful bark for grown-ups. —Susan Bickta, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted, divided
- 20 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 10 shortbread cookies, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine candied fruit and brandy. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Reserve 2 tablespoons candied fruit and 2 tablespoons walnuts for topping. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in marshmallows, cookie pieces and remaining fruit and walnuts.
- Spread into prepared pan (pan will not be full). Sprinkle with reserved fruit and walnuts; press into candy coating. Let stand until set. Break or cut bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container.