Festive Holiday Fruitcake Bark
Every year I make brandy-soaked dried fruit for fruitcake, but I always make too much. When I tried turning the extras into candy, the result was a sweet and colorful bark for grown-ups. —Susan Bickta, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted, divided
- 20 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 10 shortbread cookies, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine candied fruit and brandy. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Reserve 2 tablespoons candied fruit and 2 tablespoons walnuts for topping. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in marshmallows, cookie pieces and remaining fruit and walnuts.
- Spread into prepared pan (pan will not be full). Sprinkle with reserved fruit and walnuts; press into candy coating. Let stand until set. Break or cut bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as Festive Holiday Fruitcake Bark in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.