Festive Green Beans
For a vegetable dish that sports pretty colors, this one can't be beat. This dish has zip and gets people coming back for seconds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Mexican stewed tomatoes or chunky salsa
- Cut beans into 2-in. pieces; place in a saucepan. Add water and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Add the pepper, garlic powder and tomatoes; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 35 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Festive Green Beans in Taste of Home December/January 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.