Festive Fruity Salad
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium unpeeled red apples, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk and pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; add butter. Cool. In a bowl, combine the apples, grapes, pecans and cherries. Add dressing; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 7, 2011
Simple and refreshing fruit salad. Cooking the pineapple in the sauce gives it a delectable flavor. My family just loved it!
Nov 21, 2009
I meant to give this recipe 5 stars!~ Theresa
Nov 21, 2009
What a delicious fruit salad! We used Splenda and all red maraschino cherries. It has also kept well in the refrigerator for multiple days.~ Theresa