- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 medium ripe peach or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with a removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine apricot preserves and remaining almond extract. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until warm; brush over fruit. Chill until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forFestive Fruit Tart
"Could not taste anything but overpowering almond. May as well have saved my fruit. There was nothing tartlike about this, unless you count white stuff in a crust. It also had a really gross mouth feel. Will not be trying again."
"This is so easy and so delicious! We make it several times during the summer. I use kiwi instead of peaches in the center."