“I use this during the holidays because of the color combination, but it's good anytime!” With cranberry sauce, pineapple and cream cheese, there's a wonderful variety of flavors in this recipe. Barbara Knapp - Bennington, Vermont
Recommended: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- In a small bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set but not firm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add milk and gelatin mixture; beat until smooth. Gently spread over lime layer. Refrigerate until set but not firm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve strawberry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Whisk in cranberry sauce until smooth. Refrigerate until partially set. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Festive Fruit Gelatin in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p40