Festive Fruit Gelatin
“I use this during the holidays because of the color combination, but it's good anytime!” With cranberry sauce, pineapple and cream cheese, there's a wonderful variety of flavors in this recipe. Barbara Knapp - Bennington, Vermont
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- In a small bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set but not firm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add milk and gelatin mixture; beat until smooth. Gently spread over lime layer. Refrigerate until set but not firm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve strawberry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Whisk in cranberry sauce until smooth. Refrigerate until partially set. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 122 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as 3 Layer Fruit Festival Salad in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.