Festive Floret Fir
This is the perfect way to present your veggies at your next Christmas party. It is so cute and your guests will be so impressed!—Mae Richie, Faribault, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12-inch Styrofoam cone
- Aluminum foil, optional
- 5-1/2 cups cauliflowerets (about 1 small head)
- 4-1/2 cups broccoli florets (about 1 medium bunch)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup small whole ripe olives
- Dip or salad dressing
- Cover Styrofoam cone with foil if desired. Attach cauliflower and broccoli to the cone by sticking one end of a toothpick into a floret and the other end into the cone, using the larger florets at the base. Attach a cherry tomato to treetop. Attach carrots, olives and remaining tomatoes with toothpicks to the cone. Fill in any gaps with small florets, using half of a toothpick. Serve with dip or dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 21 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Festive Floret Fir in Country Woman July/August 1999