Festive Filets Recipe
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare gravy according to package directions; add mushrooms and horseradish. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over medium-high heat until meat reaches desired doneness. Season with pepper. Serve with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Steaks can be baked. First brown in a skillet for 1 minute on each side, then transfer to an 8-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
1 each: 268 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.