"When the weather's not right for outdoor cooking and you want an outstanding steak, this recipe is the answer," assures Donna Cline of Pensacola, Florida. "We like the zippy gravy so much we don't wait for inclement evenings to fix this."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare gravy according to package directions; add mushrooms and horseradish. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook steaks over medium-high heat until meat reaches desired doneness. Season with pepper. Serve with gravy.
Editor's Note: Steaks can be baked. First brown in a skillet for 1 minute on each side, then transfer to an 8-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Festive Fillets in Taste of Home December/January 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.