VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 3/4 cup broth to a boil. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, red pepper, carrot, onion, basil and salt. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes and sour cream.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add the vegetable mixture, Parmesan cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Primavera in Taste of Home April/May 2006
Reviews forFestive Fettuccini Primavera
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 29, 2016
"It was quite a bit of work to make. The flavor was ok but did not taste like alfredo. I will try something different next time."
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2014
"Delicious dinner and actually tastes just as good as Fettuccine Alfredo made with heavy whipping cream."