- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Corn chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forFestive Dip
"This was just OK. Needs to be perked up."
"The first time I made this was for a church function. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I will definately be making it again. I added celery. You can make this with so many different variations."
"Enjoyed this dip very much. The only tweeking I did was added a can of golden hominy and a dash of cumin. Cilantro would be good in it too."
"This is almost like a recipe that I have done many times called "Redneck Caviar". In place of the black-eyed peas, I use black beans and also add a can of Rotel with Cilantro."
"I have been making this recipe for several years but I add white hominy and call it "Texas Caviar""
"Very light & refreshing. My 2 year old loves this! Will make again!"
"This is so good, no cooking and makes a great salad or side dish for the summer"