VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 medium apples, diced
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add cranberry mixture; stir gently. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Festive Cranberry Fruit Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p33