Festive Cranberry Dessert Squares
From Thanksgiving through Christmas, you'll find these tart and tasty treats at our house. Although the recipe uses a convenient mix, it's made-from-scratch scrumptious!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch caramel fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, oats, butter and brown sugar; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine flour and ice cream topping until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle the cranberry mixture, dates and nuts over crust; drizzle with ice cream topping mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel Fudge Topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 28, 2013
Cut in small bars. So tasty & nice for Christmas or Valentines treat.MJG
Aug 28, 2013
It is yummy! In place of the boxed bread mix you can use 2 c. each flour & quick oats, 1/2 c. each sugar & brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. baking soda.