From Thanksgiving through Christmas, you'll find these tart and tasty treats at our house. Although the recipe uses a convenient mix, it's made-from-scratch scrumptious!
Recommended: 50 Cranberry Recipes That’ll Brighten Up Your Plate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch caramel fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, oats, butter and brown sugar; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine flour and ice cream topping until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle the cranberry mixture, dates and nuts over crust; drizzle with ice cream topping mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Originally published as Festive Cranberry Dessert Squares in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p42
Reviews forFestive Cranberry Dessert Squares
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review