Festive Crab Cakes
Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York stirs up excitement at parties with these picture-perfect tarts filled with a pleasant combination of cream cheese, crabmeat and cranberry sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab and onions until blended. Place the tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Fill each shell with 1 tablespoon crab mixture. Top each with 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 52 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Festive Crab Cakes in Taste of Home December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.