Festive Cornbread Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups cubed cornbread or 6 cornbread muffins
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place cornbread cubes in a large salad bowl (or crumble muffins into bowl). Combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper, bacon and relish; add to cornbread. Combine mayonnaise and pickle juice; mix well. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 328 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 19, 2014
Jan 16, 2010
Years ago when I first tried this recipe, I remember being skeptical. But when I tasted it and saw everyone else digging in and eating it with gusto, I knew that it was going to become an oft-repeated dish. It turned out to be true: I have made it dozens of times.