Festive Cornbread Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups cubed cornbread or 6 cornbread muffins
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place cornbread cubes in a large salad bowl (or crumble muffins into bowl). Combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper, bacon and relish; add to corn bread. Combine mayonnaise and pickle juice; mix well. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 328 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 19, 2014
Jan 16, 2010
Years ago when I first tried this recipe, I remember being skeptical. But when I tasted it and saw everyone else digging in and eating it with gusto, I knew that it was going to become an oft-repeated dish. It turned out to be true: I have made it dozens of times.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.