I hate to fall into a mealtime rut, so I'm always trying something new. This chicken is a wonderful dish when there's only tow at the table. Bacon, soy sauce and spices add lively flavor.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Wrap two bacon strips around each chicken breast; place skin side down in a shallow glass baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 537 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 3208mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Festive Chicken in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Mar 19, 2012
I used boneless skinless breasts; I thought the marinade had a good flavor, but seemed a little salty (my husband disagreed about the saltiness) and I even used reduced-sodium soy sauce. Maybe next time I'll use reduced-sodium bacon, too.