- 4 bacon strips
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Wrap two bacon strips around each chicken breast; place skin side down in a shallow glass baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFestive Chicken
"I used boneless skinless breasts; I thought the marinade had a good flavor, but seemed a little salty (my husband disagreed about the saltiness) and I even used reduced-sodium soy sauce. Maybe next time I'll use reduced-sodium bacon, too."