- 6 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cooked tiny shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a mixing bowl, combine two packages of cream cheese and the blue cheese. In a another mixing bowl, combine two packages of cream cheese and the cheddar cheese; set aside. In a third bowl, beat the remaining cream cheese; add the onions and garlic.
- In a 2-qt. bowl lined with plastic wrap, layer each portion of cream cheese. Invert onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap and shape into a ball. With a sharp knife, score eight sections on the ball. Sprinkle each section with one of the toppings and press lightly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews forFestive Cheese Beach Ball
"This recipe is absolutely the best cheese ball I have ever made. I don't use some of the suggested toppings but, most. I don't like shrimp, so I may sub with chives!! You must try!!!"