Festive Beef Tenderloin
Dressing up a tenderloin steak is quick and easy when you add the cracker crumb/herb topping suggested by Leann Meeds of Klamath Falls, Oregon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Broil steaks 3-4 in. from the heat for 8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, combine the cracker crumbs, mayonnaise, parsley, horseradish and pepper. Spread over steaks.
- Broil 2-6 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Originally published as Festive Beef Tenderloin in Taste of Home December/January 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.