Festive Baked Brie
Rich, smooth Brie cheese accented with caramelized onions is reminiscent of fondue. With a red and green tomato and herb topping, it's quite a showpiece on a holiday table.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Dash pepper
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter and oil for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, parsley, basil and pepper. Remove rind from the top of the Brie; place Brie in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Top with tomato mixture and onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions in Country Woman November/December 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.