Festive Apricot Tart
I like to bring dishes to potlucks that are a little different from others. Everyone reaches for this attractive apricot tart.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves, well drained
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Add flour; beat until well mixed. Press dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Prick well with a fork; chill for 30 minutes.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Stir in pudding until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over crust.
- Arrange apricots over filling. Combine jam and remaining lemon juice; brush over apricots. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 443 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Fruit Flan in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006