Festive Apple Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed nuts or peanuts
- 3 each medium red and green apples, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. For dip, beat first four ingredients until smooth; stir in marshmallows. Spoon half of the mixture into a 3-cup bowl; top with half of the fudge topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 2. To serve, toss apples with lemon juice. Serve with dip. Yield: 8 servings
1/4 cup dip with 3/4 apple: 403 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Festive Apple Dip
"Excellent! Several people asked for the recipe. Like another reviewer, I used marshmallow cream rather than miniature marshmallows."
"LOVED IT!!! I used marshmallow creme instead of the mini marshmallows... also used bananas, YUM, and asian pears. I can't wait for fresh fruit!!"
"This is soooo good! I leave out the marshmallows. (They're not something I usually have on hand and I don't think they add anything to the dip.) If you don't happen to have peanuts to chop to sprinkle on top, don't worry. It'll still be a hit. This recipe is such a favorite everywhere I take it that I've lost count of how many times I've made it!"
"Fantastic! I brought this to my granddaughter's birthday party and it was a huge hit w/the kids especially. I replaced the choc sauce and marshmallows with applesauce and dried banana chips to cut back on the sugar. It was still awesome and made a beautiful presentation."
"I made this dip for a party and it was a HUGE hit! so good. everyone wanted the recipe."
"I make this for any family or friends gathering and am always requested to make this dip. It is fantastic and I've handed out the recipe to at least 20 people - you can't go wrong with this."