Festive Apple-Cheese Log
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes1 cheese log
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tart apple
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional chopped pecans, toasted Vanilla wafers, sugar cookies or assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, apple, pecans and cinnamon. Shape into a log; roll in toasted pecans. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla wafers, cookies or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 104 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 14, 2019
I doubled the recipe. At first, all I could taste was the cheese, but if you let it set in the fridge overnight, the flavors intensify. It was very good.
Dec 25, 2012
Easy to make and pretty. I used 1/2 of a honey crisp apple, organic cream cheese, and 1 cup of toasted pecans for the outside. (For toasting nuts, I place them on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for 4 minutes, and use a timer.) Served with ritz crackers. My guests said it was very good.