Festive Appetizer Spread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil without stirring; boil for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, cook until berries pop and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; add to cranberry mixture. Stir in lemon juice. Cool. Add almonds.
- Spoon over cream cheese; serve with crackers. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 97 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2015
Recipe was a hit at thanksgiving. I recommend making the exact amounts in recipe-I tried making a half more and putting it on 1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese and it was too much topping. It was okay because I put the extra in a little dish to serve as a side cranberry relish.I did also dice dried apricots for little more texture. I will make this again!
Apr 21, 2011
I made this for a large family Thanksgiving pot-luck dinner. It got rave reviews and everyone wanted to know who brought it.
Jan 27, 2009
This was a huge hit on Thanksgiving! Everyone commented on how much they loved it. I added about 1/4 cup more of sugar though. It was enjoyed as an appetizer & we also ate it with our turkey and enjoyed it again with the leftovers! This one is definitely a keeper!!
Nov 14, 2008
This is also good with sliced, toasted almond sprinkled on top instead of slivered almonds.It makes for a beautiful presentation also